Read further for Travel Tips to make your Niagara Falls Trip most enjoyable. At the bottom of the post you will find more ideas for visit to Niagara Falls and surroundings.
You may also like to read about another very serene place - Beach Tulum
Tip: You may visit Niagara from USA side and from Canadian side. If possible I would suggest going towards Canadian Side to really feel the thunder. Best time to visit Niagara Falls is in Summer. That is when it is a day time and evening attraction as well. During evening, flood lights illuminate the falls for several hours after dark. (Until Mid Night.)
There are two water falls there. One is Niagara and another is called Big George. Niagara is on Canadian side while Big George (splitting from same river) is on USA side. Both side there are two main ways to watch or experience the fall closely. There are other ways as well. Helicopter ride which is little too expensive, Niagara Sky wheel as well as the AeroCar.
1. Maid of the Mist: Ferry Ride takes you in the middle of the falls. You can see below picture. I felt that I did not get to stay near the falls for long enough. The ferry stopped there for less than 2-3 minutes. For a better satisfaction please see Canada side adventures below.
2. Cave of the Winds: This one lets you experience American side of the fall which is essentially Big George
1. Journey Behind the Falls: This was my favorite. Here you can go to closest to the Niagara Falls and you get to stay there as much as you want.
Look at some of the pictures below. How close you can get.
2. Maid of the Mist: This is same ferry ride that goes from American side. But it departs from Canadian side. Gives same ride.
Few More Ideas:
1. Take a walk on Rainbow Bridge - Between USA and Canada
2. Visit Toronto - 2 hours drive from Niagara Falls into Canada
3. Hiking/Biking on the trail by Niagara River
4. White Water Rafting in Niagara River